Wednesday 11 April 2012

EASIEST Chocolate Cake!

I wanted to share with you a recipe that has been with me since I was a teenager. It is my brother's favourite!
It takes only about 15 min to make!


I have made it so many times I know it by heart: 
2 cups of flour 
1 cup of sugar 
1 cup chocolate powder (I use Nesquick) 
Mix this in a bowl and make a little well in the middle. 
Then add: 
2 eggs (whole) 
1 cup of vegetable oil (I use canola, you don't want to taste it) (You can substitute 1/2 apple sauce and 1/2 oil instead of 1 cup of oil) 
1 cup hot water 
In the well mix the egg and the oil a little before you put the water, you don't want the water to be so hot that cooks the eggs, lol! 
I mix by hand, just with a fork, a spoon or wire egg beater. 
In the end, add 2 Tbsp baking powder (shallow tbsp - I use real spoons, not the measuring one, lol) 
Mix a bit and pour it in a rectangular cake pan, greased with oil. If you want to take this cake out of the pan uncut, better line up with parchment paper. I don't because I cut it in squares with a plastic knife or spatula and serve. 
 Bake 350F for 30 minutes. Here is what you get:


It looks "baked" after 30 min in the oven. I don't even use a toothpick to test anymore.

I start making the sauce:


In a little pan, add: 
1 cup of sugar 
1/2 cup chocolate powder (again, Nesquick) 
1 heaping Tbsp of margarine or butter (I use margarine)
1/2 cup of milk
Combine everything in high heat, bring it to a boil, turn down the heat so it boils but it doesn't burn. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Pour over the cake.


I poke holes in the cake so the sauce goes all in...

This time I used a kebab skewer, did not have toothpicks!

The sauce goes on the hot cake (it will be cooled a bit because it is out while you are making the sauce). But the sauce needs to be HOT while you pouring it, so it goes inside the cake.
After the sauce cools it forms a bit of a CRUST so you get moist inside but crusty outside...

YUMMM!!!

My son and husband like it with milk!

Try it and let me know!!!


Today I am partying at:





Fine Craft Guild

22 comments:

  1. It looks like something I need to try. Thank you for sharing.


    ~ Lisa ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lisa, welcome!
      I smiled reading your profile, we have lots in common!
      I just discovered the blogging world, it is wonderful to meet people with the same interests!
      I am going to explore your blog!
      Thanks for coming over!
      And yes, try the cake and let me know!

      Delete
  2. It looks FANTASTIC
    My family loves chocolate cakes and I make it quite often, so I like to try new recipes all the times
    I'l love to try this recipe, so I'm saving it for after Passover
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Winnie!
      Yes, it is super easy and a favourite here!
      My son took the pictures, I loved the close up!!!
      Let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  3. Claudine,
    That looks good... I should make it for my husbands birthday tomorrow!
    PS - I have decided to be a vendor at the Olde Farmhouse Vintage Market... my husband talked me into it. It will be nice to meet you there!

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathryn!!!!
      Congratulations!!!! Yes, we have to JUMP IN!!!
      I haven't painted ANYTHING to take yet, but I bought some silver trays and teapots. My mom is coming in June for my son's graduation, so I need to start painting NOW!
      So far I have been BUYING a lot of stuff, LOL!

      Yes, make the cake, it is easy!!! Just remember if you want to take out and put in a pretty plate use parchment paper. Last years my son asked me to make this cake for his Birthday I cut it in squares and pilled in a cake plate and put several candles on it!

      I am glad we are going to meet!!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just deleted this one because it was a repeat. My site does not detect duplicates. I have seen some sites that do! Always learning in the blog world!
      But today I have to learn how to add a watermark to my photos!

      Delete
  5. completely new recipe to me. gotta try this out, albeit that it sounds loaded with calories... oh no...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! People aske me all the time if I EAT all this!!!
      YES, I DO!!! but ONE piece ONLY!!!!

      Delete
  6. Yup, this is amazing!
    Thanks for sharing this at our "Beautify It Monday" Party! We hope you'll be back again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladies this is a great recipe to whip up in a few minutes!
      It tastes good as it looks...

      Delete
  7. Oh, I will have to get the stuff to make this. I love easy and it sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kim!!!
      Yes, try it and let me know!
      It is eeeaaasyyy!!!
      Cheap, easy, fast... and delicious!!!
      Thank you for coming over!!!

      Delete
  8. I have now saved this recipe! It looks incredible and will use fairly soon I think...yummmm
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Nancy!!!
      It is really just 15 min to make, plus the baking time.
      I hope it becomes a favourite in your home, too!!!
      I am coming to visit you blog soon!
      Thank you so much for coming over!!!

      Delete
  9. This sounds delicious! I already have a chocolate cake recipe I'm dedicated to...but yours is sounding much too good and looks much too yum to not try!!! It's ok if I'm a trader to my recipe just this one, right? :P Can't wait to try it!! Thanks for sharing... will be pinning it too:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!I need to learn to "Pin it", too!!!
      I have an account or got the invitation back but did not open the account yet... I am still working on my Facebook page.
      How do you guys juggle it all???
      And send me your recipe, or put a post of it!
      We can never have enough chocolate recipes, lol!
      Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness!! I am going to have to try this!! It looks EXACTLY like the choc cake my Mamaw used to make.... I have NEVER been able to figure out her recipe. She has been in heaven for many many years. Thanks for sharing! Pinning this now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, Piper!!! I hope it tastes just the same!!!!
    I keep telling my son to LEARN how to do my some of the stuff I make because when I die nobody will know how!!! Well, now with the blog I guess it is registered! But I know what you mean, my grandma used to make these little "donuts" but they were made of tapioca starch... I have tried to make them, but with no recipe??? It is kind of hard!!!
    I hope this will give you at least a start! Sh emight have used regular cocoa powder instead of Nesquick. In the case, the cake won't be as sweet as mine. Just make sure whatever cocoa you use has some sugar in it or it can be too strong. Or just add a bit of sugar to the cocoa (like a tbsp or 2 for the cup of cocoa you will use in the batter). Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If some one desires expert view about blogging and site-building after that i suggest him/her
    to go to see this web site, Keep up the pleasant job.


    Also visit my page - Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

    ReplyDelete